Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Birth of Rose B. Fischer

Okay, this is kind of a personal post.  I'm placing it on both of my blogs and any other place I spend time on the internet.


I've thought about writing this for a while now, but I wasn't sure how much to say or if it was even necessary.  I decided to do it because I've already gotten some questions from people who know me from Livejournal or other websites.  (Or even my own family members.)

I am a survivor of domestic violence. I spend a considerable amount of time doing things online.  I chose the name "Rose B. Fischer" as a pseudonym several years ago because it's become very easy to track people on the internet, and I didn't want to use a name that my ex-husband might stumble on one day and recognize.  The name Rose has significance in my family, and so do the other initials, but not in a way that my ex husband was ever aware of.  I'm proud to blog under it and plan to publish books under it eventually.

I rarely ever post identifying information or details about my personal life online, but there are some folks who know me by nicknames that don't sound anything like Rose.  I don't want to misrepresent myself or appear duplicitous in any way. This is also why you will not see photographs of me associated with the blogs or any social media sites you may be on.  If you want to know anything else about this, you can email me or send me a private message.

No comments:

Post a Comment