Thursday, November 29, 2012

Challenge Entry and Extras

I joined a new forum this weekend.  It looks like a nice place.  Sort of small and cozy, like the forums I used to belong to back in my RPG days.

Here's a link if you're interested.

http://www.psp-art-studio.com/viewforum.php?f=29

As the name indicates, it's a Paint Shop Pro users group.

I decided to make an entry for one of their challenges.  The problem was, I am not used to working with small file sizes anymore.  (100kb or less is the max image size you can post.)  So, here I was with a nice hi-res collage going "Oh, wait..." and trying to crop, resize, and compress the thing.

I ended up turning into a header, since I usually save those as .jpg for loading time, but the text on the JPG version looked awful after compression.

Well, long story short:

Here's a bunch of resizings and pieces of it.  Free to use for anything non-commercial.  Commercial licensing on this is available; please contact me by email.

I've included the background.  That is 14x14" @ 300 dpi.  The rest is probably best for web use rather than print.




Photo credits:

Public Domain Photos

Hans

Nemo

Everything else made by me in PSP 8 and PSP X5.

The frame is just cut outs and drop shadows. The ornament is a (kinda lame) attempt at vector drawing.

Free for noncommercial use.



\    

 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment